Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth...for a Foodie

Hello, Audience!  Sorry I've been MIA for the past week, but in that time my family and I headed down to Orlando, FL for some warm weather, sunshine, R&R, & most importantly the Girlies' 1st trip to Disney World!  It was a great time had by all, and to see the smiles and joy on Elena & Katrina's faces as they met nearly all of the Disney Princesses and Disney characters was absolutely unforgettable!  We were only down there for about 4 days and toured only Epcot and the Magic Kingdom, but in the end I was exhausted, but already wanting to "go" back for more.

And...to make things so much more fulfilling and delicious in the Happiest Place on Earth, look what we had the pleasure of running into while spending a day at Epcot:

The 15th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2010 was taking place and filling the bellies of thousands upon thousands of tourists who flocked there this gorgeous November.  There was quite a number of food stalls lining the World Showcase's walkway enticing each visitor with lovely aromas that made each person's mouth water, tummies rumble with hunger, and pockets empty in record numbers.  The menus at every food stall offered up tapas-like gourmet samplings of the specific country and cuisine represented.   And what did I partake in sampling, you might be asking??  I'm actually kind of embarrassed to admit that I DID NOT really sample any of the cuisines...Not because I didn't want to...Hello, it's me here...Nom Nom Nom Mom...But we were essentially at Epcot to have an "authentic" Norwegian buffet meal at the Royal Akershus Banquet Hall to meet the Disney Princesses with our very own Princess Elena & Princess Katrina in tow.  In the end, I wish I had more opportunity and room in my tummy to sample the worldly cuisines being offered along the World Showcase, as such would most likely have been just as delicious if not more than what was being served by the Royals.  But because I was already well aware of my more than girlish figure around the tiny-waisted Princesses, I refrained from consuming in additional international delights or samplings of  "Beers Around the World"...Next time, I will be sure to keep my stomach empty while my Royal Girlies lunch with the Princesses, so that I can indulge in the yumminess awaiting me outside of Akershus...Til next year's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2011...Here's to royally good nom nom nom-ing in the Happiest Place on Earth from my family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment