Thursday, December 2, 2010

And the Winner for Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Goes to...

AWARD WINNING BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!  Yay!  And so it goes that this is the 2nd cookie I wish to showcase in my quest to share the in the Spirit of the Holidays via the beloved COOKIE,  and all the goodness and good eating that comes with it.  I learned about this spectacular soft, cake-like version of the traditional chocolate chip confection from my friend, Kim, when she graciously brought a beautiful batch over one day while she and her husband came to visit us...The moment my lips hit the cookie, I fell in love!  The recipe is an extremely popular one on allrecipes.com  ~ a website that I, and obviously my friend, reliably go to time and time again for tried and true favorite dishes and desserts.  I just absolutely love the texture and flavor of this cookie ~ so soft, so light, so cake-like, so delectable in every bite!  And the fact that it makes use of a "secret" ingredient in vanilla instant pudding mix is quite interesting and rather noteworthy!

Now, although the pictures below look totally different, keep in mind the photo from allrecipes.com was most likely professionally mastered, while my photo comes straight from the hands of one who is NOT a professional photographer, but I at least baked them up with a lot of love for my dear loving little family and that should certainly count as photo-worthy ;)   Most importantly, however, both batches taste equally as scrumptious.
My batch of the Award-Winners
courtesy of allrecipes.com 
These are a must bake, must eat, and must share kind of cookie to spread the love, especially this Holiday Season!  Make sure to bake a batch with the ones you love!  My Girlies and Alex absolutely adore them.  And of course, make sure to leave a few out for Santa!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I have been playing around with cookie recipes for about a month now.I have the waitline to prove it! I am glad you shared this with us. I have been in search of a great choc chip cookie recipe, thanks again. I will be trying this over the weekend I will post and let you know how they turn out for me....
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you end up loving this take on the choco-chip cookie as much as I and thousands of others do, considering the great reviews it gets on allrecipes.com! Happy baking & eating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you and my husband's family thanks you for this great cookie recipe. I made a double batch for a bday party and they were a HUGE hit!!! Thanks again and keep the recipes comin....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad they were a winner with the family! And thanks for checking my adventures out...I'll have more cookie recipes and then some to come.

    ReplyDelete