Monday, December 6, 2010

Nothing a Cookie Can't Cure...

So I've been hit by a nasty cold & cough for nearly a week, with the worst of the symptoms being felt physically by me and emoting themselves rather grouchily for my poor Little Family to deal with over this past weekend.  Hence, my little break in the showcase of my favorite cookies for the Holiday Season.  I mean I felt so incredibly horrible that I barely had any interest in obsessively checking my Facebook page or seeing how many views my little blog had gotten in the past few days.  And to make things worse, I had no energy to cook, bake, or eat (gasp!) ~ mostly because of a little bug that brought on huge feelings of tastelessness, literally!  But, you know, in the midst of me feeling like the life was being sucked out of me, there was one thing that I actually delightfully savored in my few days of lacking in the senses of smell and taste, all in the form of a box of cookies known as Joe-Joe's from Trader Joe's!


Despite my attempts at eating in order to garner me some energy, nothing tasted like anything, except my delightful little chocolate cookie sandwiches with the vanilla creme center, bespeckled with lovely hints of vanilla bean flavor.  This all-natural cookie was the only thing worth eating, smelling, and tasting in my few days of misery!  And when I paired it with a piping hot cup of darjeeling tea with a splash of vanilla creme, the sweet flavor of this store-bought cookie came out even further for me to appreciate.

Perhaps some may liken a Joe-Joe to the more well-known Oreo cookie, but I must say, TJ's Joe-Joe's are the clear winner in my cookie book.  I find the taste of the Joe-Joe to be more appealing and gentler on my palate...not so bitter an aftertaste, but brightened by the lovely vanilla notes that the creme-filled center contributes to one's mouthful.  And if this cookie is strong enough to make my not-so-healthy and senseless palate come alive again, you know it's something special!  I may even nom nom nom on a few of these before I hit the hay in order to get an extra special dose of "medicine" to rid me of this lingering icky feeling...

Next time you're at TJ's pick yourself up a box, or the seasonal Candy-Cane Joe-Joe's, especially before the Big Guy in the Red Suit comes down the chimney in a few weeks!  It'll be just what the Jolly Dude ordered for a cold and wintry evening to warm the heart and clear the mind.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to grab a box or two for my family this weekend. Hope you feel better!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madonna,

    Thanks for the suggestion and i hope you are feeling better soon!!!! Tina

    ReplyDelete