Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snickerdoodles for the Holidays!

So showcasing cookies during the Holiday Season is a lot more challenging than I thought.  I mean I know that there are other bloggers out there that have a cookie to talk about every single day of the year, but me being new to this whole thing, and then getting hit with a bad cold, and then having to plan a company holiday party, and then realizing Christmas is just about a week away, and then making sure Santa knows what the Girls & I (HA!) want for Christmas besides our healthy 2 front teeth and then some, and then wrapping classmates' Holiday presents, and then obviously being a mother, wife, employee, etc., etc....WOW!  Such a challenge to keep up on the cookie front. I mean I'm not trying to make excuses, but I just wish I had more time in my life to share the joy that the cookie brings me (sigh)... But when I do get a chance to take a timeout to breathe, I make sure it's a long and deep enough breath that affords me some baking time so that I can continue my pledge to bring you some of my favorite cookies of the season.

In this entry, I share with you the seasonably appropriate Snickerdoodle!  In so many ways, this particular cookie just screams Christmas to me.  Perhaps it's the fact that you basically roll a version of the sugar cookie doughball in the lovely combination of cinnamon and sugar.  Perhaps it's the sweet & spiced aroma that fills the kitchen air as the cookies bake away in the heated oven.  Perhaps it's kinda a staple on the cookie platter at Christmas time.  Whatever the reason, the Snickerdoodle cookie is surely one classic Christmas treat, best enjoyed by a toasty hearth while sipping a tall glass of milk or a cup of hot chocolate.  For your enjoyment, here's the recipe I borrowed from the Betty Crocker site.  It's sure to hit the spot!  Make sure you leave a few for Santa too!  And special thanks goes out to my dear mini-bakers, Elena & Katrina, who helped roll the dough in the cinnasugar mix and served as fabulous cookie taste-testers...




3 comments:

  1. elena looks so sweet! and i love the "tattoos" on kat-mar's arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Elena will smile so long as she's in the spotlight and a cookie fills her mouth! I think Katrina was on her 5th bite in a row, hence the full look of her mouth. And she gave herself those tatts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the cheat version of snickerdoodle's from a mix. They are truly delicious......
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete