Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Cookie

I've survived my bout of winter sickness, coupled with nearly a month's-plus-worth of crazy though memorable Holiday party planning for the family's company, all capped off by a beautiful stress-free and feel good kind of night last night, with lots of holiday cheer, eating, drinking, and being merry.  So, since I can breathe a bit easier, literally and figuratively, I can now concentrate more on continuing to share with you some of my favorite cookies, Christmas Cookies, to be more specific.  And since I felt fabulous enough to take on baking again after my rather less than healthy and hectic schedule as of late, I set aside some me time today to bake my all-time favorite Christmas cookie.  And rather fittingly it's a quite a simple one, rather classic, and oh so good...Kinda like me, right?!  HA! I chose to showcase the ever festive and Christmasy Chocolate Crinkle Cookie!

When the Holidays come around, I excitedly await the many fabulous friends, family, and acquaintances I've had in my life share what is my favorite cookie with me.  Now, don't be thinking that I have thousands upon thousands of pals sending me gift packages of Chocolate Crinkles on a daily holiday basis, but I do know about a handful of friends, family, and acquaintances that have shared with me their renditions of the classic cookie.  Receiving such a lovely, precious, and homemade with love kind of confection is quite a tasty gift in itself.  It's really nothing fancy-schmancy...In fact, quite the contrary, which is yet another reason why I love this cookie.  In the simplest of terms, the Chocolate Crinkle is like a cute little cakelike brownie cookie with confectioners' sugar rolled on the doughball prior to baking, where when basking in the warm glow of a 350-degree oven  for a mere 12 minutes, it turns into a dark chocolately brown domed disk of delighfulness crinkled with the powdery sugar which creates a pretty mosaic canvas absolutely good enough to eat.  Now that I read that description again, it's absolutely delicious~a CAKElike BROWNIE COOKIE~3 types of dessert all rolled into 1...and even better, all rolled in powdered sugar!  The Chocolate Crinkle Cookie is a win-win-win situation!  I happened upon the Williams-Sonoma recipe for Chocolate Crinkles, and I respectfully share the link with you here.  Their recipe uses such pure and simple baking ingredients.  It's quite easy to make in no time, and it makes the perfect amount in a jiffy so that you can eat them right away! Trust me, my Girlies and Hubby could not wait for them to cool, and I only have a few left from the 2 dozen that the recipe typically yields!  Such a winner of a cookie!  I hope you enjoy the Chocolate Crinkle...I hope it becomes or remains a Holiday favorite of yours...I hope you share the simply perfect cookie crinkled with sweetness with someone special this Holiday Season!  Enjoy!
From this mound of dry ingredients...

to this mixed up powder of goodness...
to a quick and easy cookie dough like this...
to a roll in some sweet confectioners' sugar...
and finally to my faves~Chocolate Crinkles!

1 comment:

  1. Another great, yummy teat! Thanks and happy holiday to you and your family!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete