Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dark Chocolate Almond Milk...It does a body good!

I've got to say, I truly love eating healthily!  Healthy does NOT equal blah, that's for sure. And at one point in my life, for quite some time really, I was of the thinking that healthy eating was not fun nor delicious. But oh contraire mon frere...Eating healthy can and does in fact equal eating well.  For me this healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and delicious "new" way of eating has come gradually and lovingly. I try new foods and drinks  that are deemed healthy for you more so now than ever before. I really enjoy the all natural, organic, wholesome, high in fiber, full of antioxidants descriptions that the healthy foods present and truly are.  For me, it's helped me change my lifestyle for the better, change my appearance (though still not a size 2, but more than totally okay with it) for the fitter, change my cooking style for the healthier, and keep me on track with positive outcomes for the long run. I mean, I still indulge here and there, and find comfort in comfort foods, but all in moderation, and all with my knowledge. Ultimately, I'd rather reach for the whole-grain variety vs. the white floured carb-loaded stick to my belly kinda foods.  And for that kinda "small" change I've made to my eating, I am quite proud, and I love it even more that Alex also likes to and tries to eat healthily, and that the Girlies are gaining more appreciation for the healthy foods in life, though their sophisticated palates are still developing.

So, anyway, I figured I would share with you one of my new favorite healthy "foods" that really is a drink, but truly is a treat.  I have found yummy love with Silk Pure Dark Chocolate Almond Milk! I am totally in love!!!


Perhaps I exaggerate a bit when I say this, but this stuff is like pure ecstasy!  Yikes! I mean, it is such a delicious cup of milk, I start licking my lips just thinking about it, and savoring every sip and gulp when I have the chance to drink a cup.  And the health benefits...OH...MY...GOSH!!!  According to some info from ehow.com, almond milk is absolutely beneficial!  It's full of vitamins, low in calories, great for baking, lactose-free, full of calcium, and healthily awesome, just to name a few things.  That's (plain) almond milk in general, which itself is like drinking up a handful of fresh, raw, wholesome almonds, seriously! But I mean DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND MILK...full of antioxidants, and tastes like a sweet tooth's dream!  From a dessert standpoint, it's like popping those delectable chocolate covered almonds into your mouth in liquid form...SCORE!  Golly, I love this stuff, and apparently so does everyone else...I hear it sells out quickly at your local grocer, so snatch it up the next time you're out buying the necessary items for your kitchen. I love that my girls enjoy it as a natural and nourishing alternative to "moo milk".  I love that I love this stuff as much as I love Alex...I think I want to marry it...Don't tell Alex. But actually, Alex loves it so much too, that I think he wants to marry it too, and I'm not jealous...So win win for all! Enjoy it as much as we do! It'll do your body good! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment