Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chocolate ~ It does a body good…All in moderation, of course…And in dark chocolate whenever possible!

So for various reasons, some very clear and some quite vague, I’ve had lots on my mind lately.  Overall, I am extremely happy where life has taken me thus far…I’ve gone from being the “Baby” & only girl in my family of 4 older brothers + my crazy endearing parents, to being a St. Germaine Trojan, to BFF's with M & C, to McAuley Mighty Mac, to NU Wildcat, to ESD SLP, to A's wifey & E & K's Momma, to WW member, to SWSM Mom, and currently to helping AHHI in HR, with other abbreviated monikers in the mix and more experiences to be had that will afford me even more I hope...Looking back on things, looking at the here & now, and looking to the future, there has always been one thing I could rely on to bring me a sense of peace, something that has taken the stress away, given me a taste of the sweet life when too much has come at me too fast or all at once while in the roles I named above…CHOCOLATE!!  Chocolate really is a guilty pleasure!  I mean, in a world that is so obsessed with what we eat and how it affects us when it comes to how our skinny jeans will fit (or won’t), chocolate is an absolutely bittersweet thing...and of course I intended the pun! Ha!  But like I mentioned, even just a smidge of chocolate takes the edge off, clears my mind of all the challenges faced throughout the day, and brings a smile to my face.  Yes, perhaps it also adds to my girlish figure, but in moderation, I think it’s worth it to make my body, mind, and soul feel good again.  So when you’re having one of those days reach for your favorite piece of chocolate…and truly 1 piece is all you need.
Alex often reaches for anything chocolate+caramel, Elena tends to prefer anything minty chocolate or peanutty chocolate, while Katrina will go for anything chocolate so long as it's food!
My piece of choice these days tends to be of the dark chocolate variety, in order to get some well-documented health benefits from it.  Check it out for yourself by reading up on such benefits.  But then, reach for a piece to nom nom nom on the next time life comes at you way too fast.  Here’s what I reached for tonite:
...and life is good again!

No comments:

Post a Comment